Apprentice Translation Support Assistant
DA Languages Ltd was established 23 years ago by current CEO, Actar Arya. Now a private equity-backed business, our focus is on continuing to grow as a business and strengthen our working practices.
With new offices, a dedicated team and an ever-expanding customer base, we are considered one of the most trusted and reliable service providers in our sector.
Our mission is simple – to enable our customers to deliver their goals through removing language barriers, by:
- Creating processes and systems that enable us to deliver a best in class solution
- Building employee knowledge, ensuring we better capture our clients’ needs and provide valued advice
- Understanding the global changes that impact the sectors we serve
- Ensuring that our customers audience receive their messaging exactly how it was intended
About the Role
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £8,500 per annum
Purpose of the role
Due to recent expansion and intended growth plans, DA Languages is looking to add an apprentice translation support assistant to support the growth of our translation department.
- Handling incoming customer queries and providing quotes to customers
- Chasing clients over the phone and by email for outstanding requests.
- Tracking requests and reporting back to project managers when confirmation or cancellations are received.
- Quality assessing transcripts to check style guides have been adhered to and to pick up any inaudible sections.
- Deletion of old jobs from the system according to client retention periods.
- An energetic team player
- Keen to learn new skills
- Be able to work in a fast paced, pressured environment
- Keen to learn about the translation department and how this role can support its growth
- Attention to detail
- Organisation and time management to keep track of clients’ requests
- Strong communication skills to liaise with clients and project managers
- Have an interest to develop your knowledge in the language industry
- Be able to work under own initiative in a pro-active manner
Desirable: Welsh-speaking to a native/almost native level
If you think you match the description and can bring enthusiasm, tenacity and a professional approach to work then apply today. Send your CV to email@example.com.
Applicants must be UK residents and possess the right to work in the UK. DA Languages is committed to the elimination of discrimination, be it direct or indirect, and will actively work with our staff and clients to ensure the equality of treatment for all, irrespective of age, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, disability, sexuality, or religion.
Please note, a DBS check is required for the role.