We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop their career and gain practical experience and training in our Bid Writing Team.
This team are key in securing new, sustainable, and profitable work in the public sector and this role is to work within our Bid Team to write bid responses for exciting and complex projects.
Essential skills and attributes
- Degree educated, passionate individual who is eager to start or build their career within bidding
- Organised and able to manage multiple things at one time
- A close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient and target driven with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite
- Applicants must be flexible with working hours as this role may involve longer hours to meet tight deadlines from time to time
Desirable skills and attributes
- Holding a degree within Journalism / English Literature / History or something writing orientated would be a huge advantage
- Previous bid writing and/or proposal writing experience
- Experience in copywriting and editing text
- Excellent content development, editing and proofing skills
- Working alongside the Bid Team to write good quality responses to bid questions and help secure future work for the business
- Working with stakeholders in the business to collate key information that you need to write a quality tender response
- Liaising with clients through portals and via email to submit, receive and log tender queries
- Managing bid tender timelines/Diarising and managing key milestones
- Tracking bid progress to inform the sales pipeline
- Reviewing tender documents
- Formatting and finalising commercial and pricing documents for upload and dispatch
- Uploading and despatching ITTs and bids to portals
- Carrying out the initial stages of the Tendering opportunity, including PQQs, SQs and Requests for Information Providing quality documentation where appropriate, ensuring details are clear, concise, and compelling
- Keeping a broad commercial awareness and business intelligence, and alerting the sales team to any potential opportunities
- Creating solutions and working with the Bid Management Team to deliver competitive proposals and ensure compliance with the stated processes and methodologies.
- Undertaking additional projects and activities to support Bid Management and Business Development as required
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV
Please note, a DBS Check is required for the role.