DA Languages Ltd. was established in 1998 by current CEO, Actar Arya. DA Languages Ltd have moved into brand new offices in Old Trafford and are considered one of the most trusted and reliable providers of languages services to the Public Sector. We are a private equity backed business and our focus is very much on growing the business strengthening our working practices.
Our mission is simple – to enable our customers to deliver their goals by removing language barriers, by:
- Creating a processes and systems that enable us to deliver a best in class solution
- Building employee knowledge to ensure we better capture our client’s needs whilst providing valued advice
- Understanding the global changes impacting the sectors we serve
- Ensuring that our customers customer/ patient/ client received the required message exactly how it was intended to be
About the Role
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and capable HR Advisor to support the HR manager by delivering HR professional and administrative support across the entire employee life-cycle.
The varied nature of this role means that as well as providing key administrative support to run the HR function, you will also act as the first point of contact for HR related queries requiring you to liaise and build key relationships across the business.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum, dependent on experience
This person will be responsible for the management of the HR department, with the main duties being;
- Managing the new starter process, ensuring all documentation has been received including payroll, preparing new joiner emails, answering any queries, and coordinating the Company induction.
- Manage the leaver process, carrying out exit interviews and ensuring all leaver administration is completed.
- Maintain all employee files, HR Systems & organisation charts; including updating our internal database with new employee information, in line with relevant legislation such as the General Data Protection Regulation
- Develop, drive and deliver an employee engagement plan
- Identify opportunities to improve working practices within the department to help shape it
- Help drive and coordinate the HR annual processes, appraisal reviews and salary reviews
- Develop and maintain HR processes and policies in line with business requirements and employment legislation.
- Manage employee relations including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances etc
- Provide support and guidance to the management team in terms of employment law, best practices and problem solving
- To be first point of contact for all HR related queries and escalate any employee relations queries to the HR Manager in a timely manner
- Deliver training to upskill managers on employment law and HR best practice
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation
- Review and interpret data that provides insight and added value to the business
- Support the delivery of employee adhoc and mandatory training
- Build effective relationships with employees across the business
Key Skills and Attributes
- Minimum 1 year experience within a broad HR role
- Knowledge of employment legislation / HR life cycle activities
- Ability to confidently manage and handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Data Protection/GDPR
- Strong organisational skills
- Self-starter who has the ability to problem solve and ‘think on their feet’
- Proficient in the use of systems such as Microsoft word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated with genuine interest in HR
- Organises own time effectively
- Responsible and responsive attitude
- Be conscientious in your approach to duties
- Team Player
If this sounds like you and you are looking to develop your professional career in HR and would like to be part of a fast-paced growing business, send us your CV to email@example.com!
Applicants must be UK residents and possess the right to work in the UK. DA Languages is committed to the elimination of discrimination, be it direct or indirect, and will actively work with our staff and clients to ensure the equality of treatment for all, irrespective of age, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, disability, sexuality or religion.