DA Languages Ltd. is currently seeking Face-to-Face Interpreters based in or near to the Bedford area.
We’re looking for applicants who possess the confidence to use their linguistic skills to accurately interpret from one language to another. Applicants should be fluent in the language(s) they want to interpret in (i.e. native level) and, ideally, have prior experience in a similar role.
Interpreting Languages Needed: Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Italian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Arabic, Urdu, Serbian, Mandarin, Lithuanian, Russian, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, Farsi, Kurdish Sorani, Latvian, Vietnamese, Turkish, Tigrinya and Amharic – if you speak any other language, we’d still like to hear from you!
About us and the role
DA Languages works with Public and Private Sector clients all across the UK. We’re currently recruiting in and around the Bedford area and are eager to work with new freelance interpreters who can help us to meet the needs of our clients, new and old.
Interpreters will experience a diverse and varied number of situations in which they might interpret, including but not limited to:
- Social Services
- Child Protection appointments
- Medical appointments
- Legal matters and Immigration meetings
The role is ultimately about assisting clients who work with limited English speakers and ensuring that communication is effective and accurate.
This is a highly rewarding job role that will challenge your temperament, your ability to think on your feet, and your linguistic skills.
What we need from you:
Formal qualifications and experience are preferred, although you may still apply if the following qualifications do not apply to you.
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
- Community Interpreting
- National Registered (NRPSI)
- Chartered Institute of Linguists Qualifications (CIOL)
- Certificate in Bilingual Skills (CBS)
- BA in Translation/Interpreting
- BA in Languages
If these qualifications do not apply to you, please refer your CV to us for review and note that you may have to undergo further checks by our Recruitment Team, such as a language assessment test.
Why join us?
There are a number of benefits to joining our Freelance Interpreting Team, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Access to free online training and resources – we encourage interpreters to further their professional development
- Access to the DA Link Portal
- Competitive rates
- Excellent communication and support from our friendly team
Please note the following criteria must also be met for us to process your application:
- All applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- An Enhanced DBS certificate is required. However, if you do not currently have a DBS certificate, you can apply through us, or do so through another company/agency.
If you’re interested in working with us as a Freelance interpreter, send us your CV along with a summary of your qualifications, experience and DBS certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out via our Contact Us page.
Thank you, we look forward to hearing from you.
DA Languages is committed to the elimination of discrimination, be it direct or indirect, and will actively work with our staff and clients to ensure the equality of treatment for all, irrespective of: age, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, disability, sexuality or religion.