Due to expansion and internal recruitment we are currently looking for a Team Leader to join our rapidly growing organisation.
We work with over 10,000+ native linguists–both nationally and internationally–to cover over 450 languages and dialects in service to our clients. These include local governments, NHS Trusts, Police and the Immigration Advisory Service, to name a few. We are extremely proud of our excellent client retention rate within the public sector.
We offer 24/7 365 days services to our clients, and excellent customer service both internally and externally is at the core of our business values.
Team leaders serve various roles in an organisation. Their job is to get tasks done by using all of the resources available to them, including other employees or team members. Ensuring the staff are happy so the business can run smoothly, you’ll organise and delegate their workload as well as monitoring them to make sure it’s done correctly. Your daily tasks could also include
- Developing a strategy the team will use to reach its goal
- Provide any training that team members need
- Communicate clear instructions to team members
- Listen to team members’ feedback and pass on to management if required
- Monitor team members’ participation to ensure the training they have been provided is being put into use, and also to see if any additional training is needed
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations within your team
- Create reports to update the company on the team’s progress
- Report to senior level management on a regular basis
- Arrange and hold weekly meetings with your team, keeping minutes of the minutes and provide these back to management
- Be a point of contact for your team to answer any queries that they may have or authorisations that might be needed regarding their workload.
- Arrange your team when colleagues are absent or unexpectedly sick to allow your team to continue reaching their goals
- Assisting Management where required
- Continually assess the needs of the team and make improvements when necessary
- Keep Management up to date with any team developments
- Delegating work to allow everyone’s goals to be achieved, including your own
- Promote team building
- Ensure that all team members are working effectively together
- Keeping your team up to date with any non-confidential relevant information discussed in management meetings
- Monitoring the workload of staff during pressurised periods, such as end of working day and implement any emergency changes to ensure the goals are reached.
Ultimately a team leader should build on creating an enthusiastic, willing team that actively aim to reach their goals effectively. Your team should be flexible around your needs and be able to adapt their workload to allow the continued success of the team when under pressure.
Key Knowledge, skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience of working as a Team Leader
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to take instruction and carry out tasks efficiently and to a high standard
- Good timekeeping
Our office is a friendly, diverse, and welcoming place. However, this is counterbalanced by a busy environment that requires determination and a hard-working attitude. We value individuals who possess a strong work ethic and sense of community, but who also carry themselves with confidence and professionalism.
If you think you match the description and can bring enthusiasm, tenacity and a professional approach to work, then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply today!
Applicants must be UK residents only.
DA Languages is committed to the elimination of discrimination, be it direct or indirect, and will actively work with our staff and clients to ensure the equality of treatment for all, irrespective of age, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, disability, sexuality or religion.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£25,000.00 per year