If you’re an established business looking to grow, this is a question you should be asking when you’re considering sales/marketing strategy. We’ve written in this blog previously of DA Languages services in areas such as multilingual SEO (search engine optimisation) and website localisation.
In a nutshell, this involves tailoring your content to suit international audiences. It is important to listen to your customer’s needs and the statistics tell the story.
A study from the Common Sense Advisory surveyed 2,430 web consumers in eight countries to learn about how language affected their purchasing behaviors, with some fascinating results.
72.1% of consumers spend most or all of their time on websites in their own language. Whilst 72.4% of consumers said they would be more likely to buy a product with information in their own language.
The most surprising outcome of the survey, was that 56.2% of consumers said that the ability to obtain information in their own language is more important to them than price.
The key takeaway? More than half of consumers are willing to pay more if you are willing to give them information in their own languages! Reflecting on your own business/website. Is your content geared towards this?
DA Languages can localise your digital content and website for global audiences – with website localisation and multilingual SEO.
The potential return on investment means it is a no-brainer for many expanding companies. There are other benefits to be considered –
- Expand your potential audience – As the internet has expanded, it has made engaging with people on the other side of the world far easier. Right now you could be missing out on hugely lucrative markets for your product.
- Improve your chances of ranking for a specific region – You’ve identified that your product is hugely applicable to a specific region of Norway. With localised digital content you can improve your ability to connect with this customer base.
- A marginal gain to beat the competition – This could be one simple, actionable way today to get ahead of your competition in your area! If they aren’t doing it and you are, you’ve taken a vital step ahead in international growth.
- Local feel for an international company – Localised content can give your customers the best of both worlds – a local feel, whilst retaining the benefits of an international company.
- Improve the customer experience – Content and general business manner are hugely different, for example between Germany and China, and your site should reflect this.
We can help you reach the next level
Is the next step for your business to grow internationally? Target the right international audience and maximise your brand growth? Then it’s time to put in place a strategy for your multilingual SEO and website localisation.
DA Languages provide quality translation and localisation services and can help your company to go global! We offer a partnership approach. This means we can get a clear idea of where you currently are and where you want to go.
Written by Andrew, DA Languages Marketing Manager | Andrew.Tattersall@dalanguages.co.uk | Say Hi! on Linkedin